Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Impulse

I've been playing Guitar Hero III now since it was released on the XBox 360 in Europe, and I'm pretty good.

I've completed the game on a couple of difficulties, played through the co-op campaign, unlocked every song in it, gotten 5 stars in plenty, and even 5 gold stars in a couple, and had hours and hours of fun doing it.

I still haven't managed to finish the 'expert' campaign because Beat The Devil, featuring the ridiculous battle mode, is actually beyond me. Neither have I bested Through The Fire And The Flames, although I have managed to get about 78% of the way through the songs and gotten the 3x Star Power achievement.

But anyway, I'm pretty good.

My brother, on the other hand, is INHUMAN. Every time we play he destroys me at the game. Last night was the worst thrashing yet. I could partially blame this on a slightly faulty controller (the red fret is a little unreliable), but I'm not one for excusing my own shortcomings, especially when in the presence of a Golden God. He had scores that were THREE times mine. 380 note streaks. 99% of notes hit.

He is a freak, although he can't beat the devil either.

I can't wait until we get to play Rock Band, especially considering that drums is actually what he loves the most...

No comments: