Monday, March 24, 2008

The recent past...

It's been a while since I've made any kind of post about what I've been up to. So here goes.

I finally got myself a new car to replace my poor dead 106. After a little looking, I picked up a 98 Nissan Pulsar, which is basically just the Japanese version of the Almera. After my last car, and the replacement that I had, the difference is dramatic. It has a beverage holder.

I've not got any pics of it here, but I'll update the blog when I eventually get home.

Last weekend, I spent some quality time with my homies from First Death, Forging Friendships and Another Day In Hell in the UK, playing a couple of shows. The guys in First Death and Forging Friendships went across on the Thursday night on the ferry in the Lee's car and in the FD van. Downtown Lee Brown and I had a flight booked for the next day.

I spent the night burning and printing up one hundred numbered ADiH 3 track sampler demos. I started about midnight, and it took about 9 full hours, so I go abolutely no sleep. My dad dropped me up to the airport and I met up with Lee. After a short flight, and two train rides, we arrived in Bury St. Edmunds for the first show.

All three bands were playing in The Old Maltings with Almost Home, Think Again! and Storm And Stress. There weren't too many people at this show, but it was a whole lot of fun, and I think it was one of the better shows we've played. After the gig, we all bailed into our Travelodge. I was so tired from the night before that I just passed out (lying across the pillows) when we finally got into the room.

The Travelodge itself was halfway between Bury and Colchester, where our show was the next day. We only had three triple rooms booked, with thirteen people to get in, so we ended up sneaking in in shifts.

The Travelodge had a Little Chef attached to it, so the next morning, we all went for breakfast and I hooked myself up with some sweet Linda McCartney sausages, mushrooms and beans. Om nom nom.

On the Saturday, Another Day In Hell were playing on the first day of From The Heart. It was a pretty good set, but I managed to fuck up at least one bit of one of our songs, especially our newest one. The rest of the show was a lot of fun, with Special Move, Last Witness and Teenage Lust being the best of the bunch.

The next day of From The Heart was also pretty good, with Forging Friendships and First Death putting in class performances. First Death were one of the best bands of the whole weekend. Other highlights of the day were Get Fucking Dead and Jailbait.

Lee and I'd decided that we were going to get the ferry back with the other dudes, so we had to get up way early to get our stuff together to leave. After a sweet 9 hour drive, involving headpunches, ball games, water fights, Nintendo and van mosh, we arrived at Holyhead and got the ferry back to Dublin.

This post is coming from Sweden. The blog about this trip'll come pretty soon.

No comments: