Monday, March 24, 2008

Sverige är nummer ett (no pictures yet)

Saturday morning, Wally and I made our way from the Glasnevin party house to Dublin airport to begin our fun weekend adventure. Our final destination is just outside Helsingborg, in Sweden, but our 0645 flight was to Copenhagen, in Denmark.

Being the well prepared scouts we are, we had no idea what we were doing when we arrived at the airport, so after a little investigation, we jumped on a train, across the sea, to Helsingborg, via Malmö. Simon met us at the train station, and a quick bus ride later, we were out at the house that Simon, Joanna, Fingers and Holly share.

The first day was spent chilling out, so we watched some movies, went for a long walk along the beach in the freezing cold, and had pasta puttanesca. It was rad. Seeing as I was tired, I pretty much just passed out.

On the second day we decided to go for a shopping trip, so we got up decently early, visited a bunch of ridiculous superstores, bought some vegan fast food and stole some saws from outside a hardware store. We missed our bus on the way back, but it was only a connection to get us to another bus, so we walked along the freeway til we reached the bus stop. We chilled out in the evening, watching Blade II and Blade Trinity. Once again, I passed out pretty quickly. I'm told I snore a lot.

Because I snore, and fall into practical unconciousness when I'm really tired, I woke up with cocks drawn all over me. Simon was definitely the culprit. Revenge was mine in the form of a giant snowball smashed at him while he was asleep.

Monday was tattoo day. Laura went first, getting her shin completed by Simon in about 3 1/2 hours.

Once Simon and Laura were done, we got started, and completed the shin in about 4 1/2 hours. It's pretty big, going from my ankle to just under my kneecap, and wrapping around to the piece on my calf. There's some room around the top right and left of the piece for a little something later on, but the piece is done for now.

After a couple hours recovery and some dinner, that I dropped a cushion in, I decided that I was going to have to get my chest finished. It took about 2 hours, and it was fucking torture. I don't really remember too much of the last hour, and barely managed to get into bed once it was done.

I woke up in the middle of the night, absolutely zombified. It was the weirdest shit ever. Outside was covered in snow, and it was still coming down hard. I'd also just had a fucked up dream about trying to learn krav maga. My brain was fried.

We all woke up early today, because Simon and Jo had to head into Malmö for tattoo appointments. We left them in the tattoo parlour (which was aaaawesome) and headed back in to Malmö central to get some eats. We wandered around for a bit after that, but both Laura and I were feeling pretty rough still, so we headed home.

We're heading back tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to coming home, because I have the best time hanging out with these dudes. Our flights not too early, but we have to get back to Copenhagen for it, so I think we're going to be on the road about 0530.

Vegan pizza will be on the way shortly. Sweden is number one.

No comments: