Thursday, January 31, 2008

Augmentin' my life.

I've been sick for the last couple of weeks. I had a bit of a cough developing since the week after new years, but I didn't really do anything about it. I took the morning off work yesterday and went to the doctor. He told me I have a chest infection, gave me a prescription for some giant pills, gave me a cert for a couple days off work and took €60. 8 minutes, from start to finish.

I'm informed that the antibiotics, Augmentin, are amazing at fixing this kind of being sick, but that they kick the shit out of you while they do it. Not terribly excited for the violence, but I really do need to be able to finish a sentence without coughing up part of my insides.

Time to get back to talking about my car. When my dad went down to the garage to get the car off them (he would be towing it obviously), they hadn't put the broken gearbox back in the car, but left it on the passenger seat instead. Upon towing it up the road and taking the first corner, both the front wheels bent outwards. My dad said that they hadn't reconnected the suspension rod or something of that nature. It damaged the wings on both sides of the car. They eventually got it up the road to my house. It's outside now, looking forlorn. I'm completely gutted.

On Tuesday night, I went to see Henry Rollins do a spoken word show. He talked and joked for three hours, non stop. I believe he's my favourite person on the whole planet. His Christopher Walken impression made me laugh harder than I have for months.

Time to get out of bed.

1 comment:

dumbsticks said...

augmentin is like the cure for everything! anytime i have been sick, ever it has been augmentin! even for my nail the other week, i got augmentin!!