Saturday, January 5, 2008

I do my best work at night


I find it hard to be introspective and thoughtful when it's bright outside. The creatures of the night, what beautiful music they make. Because my moody goth powers are at their weakest right now, I'm going to make a post about love. So here goes...

I love Guitar Hero.

Last night, we converged on Lee's place to play Guitar Hero III for a couple hours. It's pretty much the only game that I'm happy to continuously play or watch without getting bored. The guitars were being passed around and there was much comedy, thanks
mostly to Stephen MacKell, who can't see the difference between Rocky Balboa and Rocky And Bullwinkle. A good time seems to have been had by all. I managed to "Beat The Devil" on hard. It's a lot easier than doing it on expert, which I've been trying to do for more than a week, but is still pretty tough.

I personally think that battle mode is a load of shit and is a fundamentally broken game mode, so the only reason, besides gamerscore and achievements to put yourself through this torture is to unlock the phenomenal 3275 note monster that is Through The Fire And The Flames by Dragonforce.

It's far and away the most difficult song in the game, but is also one of the most fun to play. Last night, I had my best showing to date, managing to get 79% of the way through the 8 minutes of finger gymnastics before failing. I will destroy it soon. Then I can go back to working on getting 5 gold stars for every song in the easy campaign.

Bands I'm listening to that you should also be the one that's listening to:

1 comment:

xCiaránx said...

I managed to tap the whole intro of Through the Fire and Flames with my right hand on Slow/Expert in practice mode just there. Fucking hell, this song.